Stack Overflow Error

Roy Johnson rjohnson at shell.com
Thu Feb 21 03:22:31 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb20.004026.25306 at eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> hamid at lims01.lerc.nasa.gov (HAMID SAMADANI) writes:
>I'm compiling C code on a SPARCstation/Sun that was originally
>written on a Sun 3/60.  The C code uses University Ingres89.

>I'm getting an error message that states, Stack Overflow, too many
>temporary variables.

>Is this an odd error?  Is there someway to increase the memory
>available to the compiler for stack use?

I got this sort of behavior when I passed a struct with a string
in it as an argument to a printf, instead of passing the string
field itself.  When I corrected the mistake, it went away.  Perhaps
this is the sort of problem you're having.

--
======= !{sun,psuvax1,bcm,rice,decwrl,cs.utexas.edu}!shell!rjohnson =======
Feel free to correct me, but don't preface your correction with "BZZT!"