10[25]==35? Really?

Marc Brandis brandis at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Feb 26 01:53:02 AEST 1991

In article <25694 at netcom.COM> avery at netcom.COM (Avery Colter) writes:
>With all this about the #define X1 -10, I find it interesting that
>indexing a constant yields the sum of the constant and the number inside
>the brackets.

I could not find a compiler that did it like that. All of them complained
that they expected a variable to be indexed. Some of the compilers were
ANSI (IBM S/6000), some were K&R (Sun 3, Sequent Symetry).

Marc-Michael Brandis
Computer Systems Laboratory, ETH-Zentrum (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
email: brandis at inf.ethz.ch