Arrays and stuff

Brian K. W. Hook jdb at reef.cis.ufl.edu
Fri Feb 15 01:31:24 AEST 1991

I just searched the FAQ for this one, but basically just look at the
example and see if you know of a way around this:

Basically, you can initialize an array with values, and you can't
re-initialize after declaration.  However, if I wanted to put a string into
an array I could use strcpy(), but I want to fill in the entire array with
a predefined array: in effect:

char array[NUMBER][SIZE];

array[number]={ ...assorted values...};

How do I do this?  I want different bitmasks for a cursor depending on what
the user does, but I can't seem to implement this very easily unless
I use:

char *mask;

mask=&array[0][0];

or

strcpy(mask,array[0]);

But this is a pain for certain things that I am doing.  And I DEFINITELY
don't want to do:

array[0][0]=0x44;
array[0][1]=0x99;

etc. etc.

This is the way I do it right now since it offers some flexibility....but
it is SOOOOOOO ugly.

Brian