ANSI C to 'OLD' C

Lars P. Fischer fischer at iesd.auc.dk
Tue Feb 19 04:12:02 AEST 1991

csko> 	I would be most grateful if someone could help me get hold
csko> of a utility to convert 'C' source written with ANSI style
csko> function prototypes to old style 'C'.

You need protoize. It will convert K&R C to ANSI C and ANSI C to K&R
C. Protoize makes use of the parser from GCC. This means that the
protoize source code is a patch to GCC. You will need both the GCC and
the protoize source in order to compile it. Both are found at
prep.ai.mit.edu.

csko> 	By the way, apart from GCC or Cfront (well, or using the above
csko> mentioned utility), is that any other means of compiling 'C'
csko> code with function prototypes on the SUN's.

GCC is the most readily available ANSI C compiler for Sun's. Why not
get it? installation on a Sun is no hassle at all, and the price is
right :-).

/Lars
--
Lars Fischer,  fischer at iesd.auc.dk   | Beauty is a French phonetic corruption
CS Dept., Univ. of Aalborg, DENMARK. |                   - FZ