Converting between bases

James H. Cloos cloos at acsu.buffalo.edu
Thu Feb 28 23:29:42 AEST 1991

Hello.

I need to be able to convert arbitrarily long strings which a guaenteed to
match one of the regexps below (each one gets a different function) and
output the hex equivilent (again in a string) optionally cut down to a
specified number of hex digits.  (The least significant ones.)  The latter
part I can take care of, but the former is giving me trouble.

[01]+
[0-7]+
[0-9]+

If someone could give me a jab into the right direction (either what to do
or where to look) I'd be most grateful.

Happy coding,

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.		Phone:  +1 716 673-1250
cloos at ACSU.Buffalo.EDU		Snail:  PersonalZipCode:  14048-0772, USA