C 6.00 Bug List

Joe Vlietstra joevl at mojsys.com
Thu Feb 21 08:39:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb19.081101.19806 at qualcomm.com> antonio at qualcom.qualcomm.com (Franklin Antonio) replies:

Refering to the above articles, dave at cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) lectures:
>[...]
>This message was posted to comp.lang.c where it has absolutely *no* revelence.
>Please pardon the intrusion on the ibm groups, where this question properly
>belongs.

I understand Mr. Schaumann's concern about a language newsgroup
drifting into MS-DOS topics.  (Try reading comp.lang.pascal.)
But in this instance he's chopped too fine.
Mr. Hook did not ask for a zillion MS-DOS programming tips, he
only asked for a bug list for a specific C compiler.  (Albeit a
C compiler for an MS-DOS machine.)

/* Flame Guard On */
Although comp.lang.c primary topic is the C language itself,
I believe it is apropriate to post articles on closely related
subjects.  (And sometimes, not so closely related subjects.)
The process of newsgroup formation and evolution precludes
rigid guidelines.

Quite frankly, I would rather have the readers of comp.lang.c
determine the worthiness of the Microsoft C compiler than the
readers of any MS-DOS newsgroup.
/* Flame Guard Off */

				Joe Vlietstra

Joe Vlietstra        | Checked Daily:  ...!uunet!mojsys!joevl
Mojave Systems Corp  | Checked Weekly: mojave at hmcvax.claremont.edu
1254 Harvard Avenue  | Iffy Routing:   joevl at mojsys.com