int32 et al. (was: Style guides and portability)

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Mon Jan 21 13:59:07 AEST 1991

In article <26 at christmas.UUCP> rtm at island.COM (Richard Minner) writes:
>I've gathered from this discussion (and others) that it is unlikely
>that long will ever be implemented to be larger than int, unless int
>is less than 32-bits (in a `quality' implementation?).  Is this so?

No.  There are already implementations which do this, although the folks
using them report considerable trouble porting sloppy code, and some
ended up changing their decisions about representation as a result.
--
If the Space Shuttle was the answer,   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
what was the question?                 |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry