TURBO C: signal(SIGINT, ); DOS calls ok from this handler.

Lars Wirzenius wirzeniu at cs.Helsinki.FI
Fri Jan 4 04:34:18 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan03.113611.4796 at ecst.csuchico.edu> madams at ecst.csuchico.edu (Michael E. Adams) writes:
>Your a little off base here.  DOS reentrance is not a problem when
>servicing int 23h.   The default handler from signal(SIGINT, func);

I wasn't talking about that, however.  The C library itself (printf
being the particular case) need not be reentrant: it might use static
data structures etc.  This has nothing to do with MS-DOS specifically,
it's just as true for UNIX and other environments with implementations
of the C language.

I have been unable to recreate the problem with the program crashing
after about 25 interruptions. Maybe the problem lies elsewhere after all?

Lars Wirzenius    wirzeniu at cs.helsinki.fi    wirzenius at cc.helsinki.fi