make and touch sources ??

John Stanley stanley at phoenix.com
Fri Jan 4 04:28:53 AEST 1991

smbrush at mars.lerc.nasa.gov (Andrew Brush (Sverdrup)) writes:

> I am doing my scientific computing using VAX C on VMS where most others
> use FORTRAN.  As a result, our system doesn't have make or touch.
> Would someone please send me the source for these, or direct me to
> where to get them.

   You should have your system manager look into getting the CMS/MMS
and profiling package. MMS does the same thing as make. CMS does a lot
of the SCCS stuff. I think the entire package is available (with a C
license) for about the same as just a C license. (At least this was what
I remember from about a year ago.)