Realloc() considered unsafe (was Re: Safe coding practices)

Kaleb Keithley kaleb at thyme.jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Jan 26 10:13:48 AEST 1991

In article <22311:Jan2502:34:1191 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu>, brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
> [ lots deleted ]
> Now you can talk all you want about reallocating memory (btw, there's no
> safe way to use realloc(), but you knew that) ...

You better tell OSF, MIT, and hundreds, if not thousands, of software
developers, because I know for a fact that products like X Window and
Motif make frequent use of realloc().

Kaleb Keithley                        kaleb at thyme.jpl.nasa.gov

As of right now, I'm in charge here now...                  Alexander Haig.
Voodoo Economics, that's what it is, voodoo economics.      George Bush