getting started

Harold C. Hal Schloss woof at Pacesetter.COM
Fri Jan 25 06:24:10 AEST 1991

In article <14943 at smoke.brl.mil> gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <1991Jan23.022639.1677 at NCoast.ORG> catfood at NCoast.ORG (Mark W. Schumann) writes:
>>Authors of the first edition circa 1980 were
>>Kerninghan & Ritchie.  Authors of second edition are ?????.
>
>Still by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie, published by Prentice-Hall,
>ISBN 0-13-110362-8.
>
>Dennis posted an errata sheet for the Second Edition some time ago; I
>don't know whether or not current printings include these corrections.
>They were relatively minor, though.

Well through a comedy of errors, my original copy of the Second Edition got
destroyed. A new copy was purchased to replace it, and this copy was from
the fifth printing of the Second Edition. My new copy had all the minor
corrections included in it that had been posted earlier by Dennis Ritchie.

I have had my new copy of the Second Edition for several months now, I
imagine that most all of the copies being sold today have the corrections
in them.

--
	Hal Schloss	 Pacesetter Systems Inc., A Siemens Company
{uupsi|siemens|hoptoad|hacgate|bellcore|harvard|quad1|mtxinu|
  Internet: woof at pacesetter.com or woof at psi.siemens.com