Include file problem in Microsoft C 6.0

sbhasin at mipos2.intel.com sbhasin at mipos2.intel.com
Thu Jan 10 06:58:03 AEST 1991

I am having some problems with MSC 6.0. Simplified version of the
problem is as follows :

	1. I have C source file C:\monitor\junk.c which contains just
	   one include statement :
		#include	<dosmon.h>

	2. The include file C:\d_inc\dosmon.h contains some more include
	   statements :
		#include	<include1.h>
		#include	<include2.h>

	   Files include1.h and include2.h also reside in directory
	   C:\d_inc.

Now if I compile my program junk.c as follows :
	cl /c /IC:\d_inc junk.c
it compiles just fine. However, if I as compile with the Zi option as in
	cl /c /Zi /IC:\d_inc junk.c
compiler complains that it can't find include file include1.h.

Has any of you informed netter seen this problem ? Is there a way around
this problem ? I have tried changing the environment variable INCLUDE
but that also doesn't work.

I will appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay Bhasin.

P.S. Zi option generates symbolic information for codeview so that you
can debug your program in C.