errors in Alg in "C" by Sedgewick

Roger Opperman rogopp at attc.UUCP
Tue Jan 22 07:53:39 AEST 1991

In article <DAVIDD.91Jan19220640 at wolf.cs.washington.edu> davidd at wolf.cs.washington.edu (David Doll) writes:
>Hello, I just got a copy of Algorithms in C by R. Sedgewick. I'm working with
>graph stuff and I typed in the alg on page 421 and my compiler (Ultrix 4.1 on
>a nDS5000) puked on almost everything I typed in...I doubled checked my typing
>so I'm guessing that he's wrong - has anybody else had problems with this
>book? Is there any place else that would have correct(?) code? Thanks.
>
>--
How well do you know C?  The text clearly states that the provided
code is only a fragment: "The types of v1 and v2 are omitted from this
program, as well as the code for index.  These can be added in a
straightforward manner, depending on the graph input representation
desired."  (p. 420).  It would be a little much to expect the code to
compile as "typed in" without a main and with no definition for v1, v2
and index.