Unix Routines

Patrick Martin pm0 at springs.cis.ufl.edu
Sun Jan 13 17:16:11 AEST 1991

Could someone tell me how to do the following on a Unix System:

Up() {will move the Cursor up 1 position}
Down() { ... down ...}
Left() { ... left ...}
Right() { ... right ...}

Clear {Clears the Screen leaving the cursor at position 0,0}
Home {Moves the cursor to 0,0 without clearing the screen}

Maybe I am being a little optimistic but a routine:
Cursor(x,y) which would move the cursor to screen location
x,y would be MOST helpful.

It seems when I press the cursor keys the ascii translation
is Escape then Another key.  If someone can explain just what
is happening I would be most appreciative.

PS:  I know I could use a system call to clear the screen but
I would prefer sending the direct ascii code to a printf
statement.

Thanks Alot,
Pat Martin