Compiling ANSI C on non-ANSI C environment

Dave Jones djones at megatest.UUCP
Thu Jan 10 14:30:36 AEST 1991

>From article <2865 at hsi86.hsi.com>, by may at hsi86.hsi.com (Jeanette May):
> We are attempting to compile ANSI C source on 4.3 BSD UNIX (VAX)
> environment.

I'm wondering why there is seems to be no ANSI-C to C compiler around,
a la "cfront", the C++ to C compiler. It would seem to be a natural.
There are a couple of things that would have to be kluged up a little --
passing floats rather than doubles as parameters, for example -- but
that's no big deal.

Is there a market for such a beast? Is there one available? If not,
I'm sure I could rig one up without too much trouble.