malloc bug in MSC 6.0?

Mark Pledger mpledger at cti1.UUCP
Tue Jan 1 03:06:04 AEST 1991

kianusch at ghost.UUCP (Kianusch Sayah-Karadji) writes:

>Hi there,

>	I'm using MSC 6.0 ... one of my programes dies when it is run
>	after any another program has been run before it.

>	When running it right after booding the computer it runns fine,
>	most of the time at least.

>	Tracing through the program with CodeView ... it looks like it's
>	hanging inside a 'malloc' call ... so I have not yet  gotten the
>	last upgrade from MicroSoft ... does anybody know of a bug in
>	the malloc call from MicroSoft?  Or is it my programming which
>	screwes up?

This may seem like a silly question but did you #include <malloc.h> at
the top.  I use MSC and I have forgotten to include that header file
only to have my program lock up before.

Hope it helps.

--
Sincerely,

Mark Pledger

CTI                              |              (703) 685-5434 [voice]
2121 Crystal Drive               |              (703) 685-7022 [fax]
Suite 103                        |
Arlington, VA  22202             |              mpledger at cti.com