Splitting Turbo C library modules

mike at bria.UUCP mike at bria.UUCP
Mon Jan 14 14:54:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan12.222446.26899 at odin.diku.dk> diku.dk!fedtmule (Jens Markussen) writes:
>	I'm looking for a way to add my functions, with the functions acting
>as separate modules (same style that Borlands uses in their libraries
>(cs.lib..)), but without having to split my sources-file into lots of small
>files. Any clues as to how this could be done, would be appreciated....

I'm not big on DOS C compilers, but the philsophy should be same ... different
functions should be kept in different sources; this is good taste and makes
life a whole lot easier.  For example, let's say you send me a copy of the
source (in one huge file), and I want to change something.  Is it reasonable
for you to require that I recompile *everything* when all that was done was
changing one line of code in one function?  As far as coordinating what gets
compiled and what doesn't, this is what 'make' is for.

The whole strength of C is portability and modularity; by keeping everything
all lumped together, you're defeating the elegance and power of the language
and the tools used with it.

Sorry to get religious on you ... :-)
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike