Replacing INT9 in C

ACPS2924 at Ryerson.Ca ACPS2924 at Ryerson.Ca
Sun Jan 13 17:59:11 AEST 1991

Im writing an event manager and can't figure out how to replace INT9
the vector IRQ1 acts on with a key press.  All I want to do is when
the user presses a key I want to immediately remove it from the keyboard
buffer and place it in the event queue.  I know I have to replace
the INT9 vector.
So far I replace the INT9 with the following, in the new interrupt I call
the old interrupt 9 to do good housekeeping and then call INT16 to get
the key from the queue.  Low and behold big crash, why I dont know???
All this is being written in Turbo C++.  Any help would be most helpfull.
Anything Hints Suggestions Code fragments , even dread, assembler hints
would help.

Thanks in advance..

Peter
ACPS2924 at ryerson.ca (Mailing address, it usually works)