Here's a challenge for floating point lovers.

The Grey Wolf greywolf at unisoft.UUCP
Tue Jan 29 10:47:11 AEST 1991

[ .comm		_newsfood, 4; ]

(Apologies for the apparent waste of bandwidth...)

Doug, I can't find another host besides "gould" who can talk to you
to send mail, so...

In article <14993 at smoke.brl.mil> gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:

>(I'm trying to resist my usual slam at IEEE floating point.)

How many different floating point formats are there out there?  I'm
aware of IEEE and VAX.  Are there any others, and what are the pros and
cons?

I can only assume that somehow IEEE is drain-bamaged; whether by loss of
precision or what, I don't know.

--
thought:  I ain't so damb dumn!
war: Invalid argument