Strings as function names (again)

bria!mike bria!mike
Thu Jan 24 17:49:39 AEST 1991

In article <mpapp.664709840 at godzilla> !mpapp (Mike Papper) writes:
|Again, the question, a bit more succintely is:
|Can I find the adress of a function from its name?
|That is, given the text string of a function, can I
|get its adress to give to a pointer variable?

This is a solution only if your using UNIX ...

There is a function called nlist() that will read the namelist of an
image, and return various and sundry tidbits of information.  One of
these tidbits is n_value, which is the value of the symbol.  Might
be helpful.
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike