Turbo C++ 1.0 Huge pointer addition error?

Peter Anvin hpa at casbah.acns.nwu.edu
Sun Jan 13 09:42:20 AEST 1991

In article <9101122049.AA28040 at lilac.berkeley.edu> C512052 at UMCVMB.BITNET ("David K. Drum") writes:
>I am having a problem with huge pointer addition on Turbo C++ 1.0, and suspect
>that there may be an error in the compiler itself.
>Has anyone else found
>a similar case, has Borland release a bug fix, and where can I get it?

Yes.  You can order an upgrade to Turbo C++ 1.01 directly from Borland,
they ship it FedEx at no charge.  Contact Borland in one of the ways
mentioned in your manual (I think it is Getting Started) and give them your
serial #; they will send you the new version.

NB: This is not a patch.  You get 8 new distribution disks.

If the =/About command in TC or the header message of TCC says it is "Turbo
C++ version 1.00", you should order the upgrade.

I hope this solves yours and any other's similar problems.

--
H. Peter Anvin +++ A Strange Stranger +++ N9ITP/SM4TKN +++
INTERNET:  hpa at casbah.acns.nwu.edu   FIDONET:  1:115/989.4