Strings as function names (again)

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at dk.oracle.com
Thu Jan 24 22:09:44 AEST 1991

Article <mpapp.664709840 at godzilla> by mpapp@ (Mike Papper) says:
|Can I find the adress of a function from its name?

If this is a pure C question, the answer is that you have to create a symbol
table of the functions you need to lookup and search for them yourselves.

If this is a question to C on (certain) Unix implementations, then you could
try starting with the manual page for ldopen.  It will point you to a family
of routines that cope with object files, symbol tables etc. but I guess it
is not really what you want.
--
Bjorn Engsig, ORACLE Corporation, E-mail: bengsig at oracle.com, bengsig at oracle.nl

            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"