not really Re: Style guides and portability

Dave Eisen dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jan 18 05:07:58 AEST 1991

I said (regarding setting up a generic bigint type with all the
stuff needed to avoid having casts or other stuff sprinkled
throughout the source code):

>It doesn't seem worth it to me. I expect I'll regret that decision
>someday.

I take that back. I don't think I'll regret it.

I suspect I'll be coding in C++ (where this sort of stuff is much
more convenient) long before I'll be porting any of my code to
a machine with a radically different architecture.

--
Dave Eisen                   "I strongly suspect the "right man" could go a
1447 N. Shoreline Blvd.       *long* way toward solving your "problem".