TurboC and overlays

John Graat bs1 at wn2.sci.kun.nl
Thu Jan 24 02:31:57 AEST 1991

Hi there,

I'm wondering if it is possible to write overlays in TurboC. I've tried it
a few times, but it didn't work. (I mean: I didn't get it to work)
The reference manual says Tlink wasn't designed to be used with overlays, so
I decided to use the microsoft linker supplied with dos. The problem is, the
library routines internally call procedures declared in the startup code,
which I don't want to be included. (If I would do that, it wouldn't be an
overlay any more).
Does anyone know if there is another way of doing it, or is it just not
possible?

By the way: the overlay will be loaded into EMS-memory, so the stack must be
part of conventional memory.

Thanks in advance.

					John Graat
					University of Nijmegen