Do you trust the "indent" program?

Gertjan van Oosten gertjan at westc.uucp
Mon Jan 7 23:49:50 AEST 1991

> In article <12184 at sybase.sybase.com> forrest at sybase.com writes:
>
> > Do you trust 'indent'
> > enough to run it on all your source file without making any mistakes?
>
> I don't need to -- I can compile my programs before and after
> and compare the object files.  If they're not identical,
> something's broken.
> --
>				--Andrew Koenig
>				  ark at europa.att.com

Sadly, this is not enough :-(

I had a version of 'indent' (sorry, don't know which, nor the OS version (it
was SunOS)) that ate some comment from my file.
And I definitely do NOT consider source files with and without comment equal.

As an aside: what does one do when the object files aren't identical?

Regards,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, gertjan at westc.uucp  OR  mcsun!hp4nl!westc!gertjan
-- West Consulting bv, Phoenixstraat 49, 2611 AL  Delft, The Netherlands