ANSI C Prototypes

dswartz at bigbootay.sw.stratus.com dswartz at bigbootay.sw.stratus.com
Tue Jan 15 06:43:11 AEST 1991

Here's my problem:

I have a program with a couple of procedures which use the varargs
package (for tracing and debugging.)  I have an include file which
defines prototypes for all of the procedures in the source file.
The problem is that to make the calling references happy, I seem to
need to use the syntax "void foobar (char *, ...);"  Unfortunately,
the varargs.h on my system defines the dummy argument as an int and
there is only one such argument, so this disagrees with the prototype.
I have gotten around this by placing all of the varargs routines in
a separate file which doesn't include the prototype include file.
Am I out to lunch, or is there an "official" way to do this?

--

Dan S.