An Ubiquitous C bug

Raymond Chen raymond at math.berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 26 06:59:14 AEST 1991

In article <14975 at smoke.brl.mil>, gwyn at smoke (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>a trivial way to satisfy the constraint would be to link a
>startup object module first, and that is probably what the compiler manuals
>say to do.

Pardon me for injecting facts into the discussion, but here's a quote
from the Turbo C manual; namely, the section titled, `Using TLINK with
Turbo C Modules':

    The general format for linking Turbo C programs with TLINK is

    where:
      C0x = initialization module for memory model t, s, c, n, l or h.

    The initialization module <<must appear as the first object
    file in the list>>.  [emphasis mine]

Consequently, anybody who doesn't list C0x first is not following
the instructions and therefore deserves whatever he gets.

We now return you to the petty bickering, already in progress.