Do you trust the "indent" program?

Michael Meissner meissner at osf.org
Thu Jan 3 06:51:13 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan2.164722.15516 at odi.com> benson at odi.com (Benson I.
Margulies) writes:

| Multics has a compare_object command that did a logical compare,
| section by section. Surely OSF can do as well. Surely someone could
| write one and put it in the public domain, in any case.
| I would if I needed it.

I'm planning on writing one.  I hacked together a perl script that
compares MIPS ECOFF binaries section by section.  Perl is not the
language to write such a beast, so the mark-II version will be in C.
It reminded me of my early days at Data General, where you had to
write your own structures for doing system calls from the assembly
language parameters (which is why I became a fanatic about providing
the structures for the C compiler I wrote for them).

--
Michael Meissner	email: meissner at osf.org		phone: 617-621-8861

Considering the flames and intolerance, shouldn't USENET be spelled ABUSENET?