An Ubiquitous C bug

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Sat Jan 26 04:18:05 AEST 1991

In article <156097 at felix.UUCP> asylvain at felix.UUCP (Alvin "the Chipmunk" Sylvain) writes:
>I think it would be more correct and portable if the DOS linker avoided

I disagree.  This is a combined language+language_implementation constraint,
and is no business of the linker.  In fact, I think the linker was being
misused since a trivial way to satisfy the constraint would be to link a
startup object module first, and that is probably what the compiler manuals
say to do.