Addressing struct without ->

NIBMSCM at NDSUVM1.BITNET NIBMSCM at NDSUVM1.BITNET
Fri Jan 11 01:44:08 AEST 1991

  In working with some of the more common 'C' packages, I've found
one limiting factor that seems to come back and haunt me.  In working
with some other languages, such as Pascal, I had the capability to use
the 'using' keyword, giving the address of a structure and then address
the elements of that structure without the necessity of using the
ptr->element notation (could simply use element).
  Could anyone out there tell me how I can implement this in 'C' or
which language products have added such a function (currently using
the bundled 'C' on SunOS).  Thanks in advance...