Help w/Plotting a circle...

David Conrad dave at tygra.Michigan.COM
Fri Jun 14 17:08:22 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun11.154335.130 at sugaree.uu.net> bill at sugaree.uu.net (William Bishop) writes:
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone out there have an algorithim for plotting the points
>of a circle.   Any all all help is appreciated.  Thanks!

I hear some guy named Bresenham has a pretty good one....
Seriously, look up the Bresenham Circle Drawing Algorithm, probably in
Knuth (God knows everything else is), as well as many other places.
I believe that Michael Abrash worked up an implementation in his
On Graphics column in Programmer's Journal a while back (sorry I can't
give a full citation), and Abrash also has a book out called Power
Graphics Programming, but it is completely IBM-PC EGA/VGA oriented.
Just don't use trig.  :-)
--
David R. Conrad
dave at michigan.com
--
=  CAT-TALK Conferencing Network, Computer Conferencing and File Archive  =
-  1-313-343-0800, 300/1200/2400/9600 baud, 8/N/1. New users use 'new'    -