Getting VGA [SVGA] Colors in BC++ or C or whatever

The Chuckmeister cee1 at ra.MsState.Edu
Mon Jun 10 14:08:01 AEST 1991

Ok, here I am getting into graphics using Borland C++ 2.0 and I have
a question [please no more of these late APril Fools Jokes {C a hoax}]
Whew!

ANyway

Here is my system configuration

STB EM-16 Card [SVGA up to 1024x16]
Seiko SVGA 8514/a monitor

286/12

Ok question: [example]

I want to fill my screen with single lines of color each gettting darker or
lighter by "one" so its a nice blended shaded screen [640x480x256]
But how do I go about formualting the colors and using them in a command?
do i use setpallate() or setrgbpallate() or what, I remeber from QBasic that
you did colors something like color= 256*green + 16*blue + 8*red or something

any help would be appreciated thanks..

or generally how do I 'make' a color.. thanks

--
|  /  ----Charles Edward Evans------+        Bio-Mechanical       \  |