declaring defines.

Sven Heinicke sven at cs.widener.edu
Mon Jun 17 04:37:06 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun16.135446.988 at druid.uucp> darcy at druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
   The error message from your compiler should have told you that.  Here is
   what GNU C had to tell me:
   t.c: In function main:
   t.c:5: warning: array type has incomplete element type
   t.c:5: elements of array `first' have incomplete type
   t.c:5: array size missing in `first'
   t.c:5: storage size of `first' isn't known
   t.c:7: `first' undeclared (first use this function)
   t.c:7: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
   t.c:7: for each function it appears in.)
   t.c:5: warning: unused variable `first'
   make: *** [t] Error 1
   I am curious as to what compiler you are using and what sort of error
   message it gave you.

Just to get things straight I was using GNU C too and, of course, got
about same errors.

>From the replies I now know that it is ANSI C (bummen) and I have to
do somethng like *first[][5] = {TRY}; It was not exactely what I
wanted but I got it working.

--
sven at cs.widener.edu                                  Widener CS system manager
Sven Mike Heinicke                                          and Student