Portable mini-vfprintf?

Chris Torek torek at elf.ee.lbl.gov
Sun Jun 30 12:03:59 AEST 1991

In article <25777 at well.sf.ca.us> Jef Poskanzer <jef at well.sf.ca.us> writes:
>To support floating-point output in the mini-vfprintf, I added a call
>to gcvt.  How portable is this?

Not.

>Chris Torek suggested I just call _doprnt instead of vfprintf - same
>args, different order.  How portable is this?

Also not.  Let me clarify a bit:  I suggested using vfprintf where it
exists, and where it does not, falling back on _doprnt.  Most `supported'
systems have at least the ANSI C libraries (if not the syntaxes), and
most `unsupported' C systems seem to be aging Unix systems.
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Lawrence Berkeley Lab CSE/EE (+1 415 486 5427)
Berkeley, CA		Domain:	torek at ee.lbl.gov