Intel 386 C

Walter Bright bright at nazgul.UUCP
Thu Jun 20 05:05:28 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun14.161614.2277 at inferno.peri.com> shane at inferno.peri.com (Shane Bouslough) writes:
/I don't have all the particulars becuase it's just about to be
/released, but the new Zortech C++ compiler (3.0) also as royalty
/free DOS extender technology. I believe it even works on 286 too.
/I think it has a 16MB limit. They've been working with a DOS extender
/company for a while for making their compiler a DOS extender application,
/so perhaps they just lisenced the technology for their customers. Nice!

ZTC 3.0 has two DOS extenders, a 16 bit one for 286/386/486, and a 32
bit one for 386/486. Each can use all physical memory installed in the
machine, which is 16Mb for the 286 and up to whatever for the 386.
Both support DPMI, VCPI, XMS, and bare metal.
Both extenders are included, royalty free, and require no redistribution
license.

Neither does virtual memory.

ZTC 3.0 still supports Pharlap's 386 Extender and Rational's 286 Extender,
if you prefer to use theirs.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions about it. I love email!