hash function for mac needed

Rich Salz rsalz at bbn.com
Sat Jun 29 03:07:34 AEST 1991

I do test the first character, Henry -- I'm pretty good at taking code and ideas
from experts.  The Winter 87 paper "News Need Not Be Slow" that you and Geoff
wrote was the first reference I've seen to how effective that can be.

I apologize if my "you'll want to recheck" made it sound like a smack on
the head.  Of course your article said your data was known to be old.  I
just meant to add a data point of my own (for what my points are worth)
agreeing that things are very different now.

We now return you to your standard "what does a||b do" discussion...
	/r$
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz at uunet.uu.net.
Use a domain-based address or give alternate paths, or you may lose out.