Is this a valid ANSI program?

David Tanguay datangua at watmath.waterloo.edu
Fri Jun 28 09:45:48 AEST 1991

In article <14737 at dog.ee.lbl.gov> torek at elf.ee.lbl.gov (Chris Torek) writes:
>datangua at watmath.waterloo.edu (David Tanguay) writes:
>>I don't believe it, either. In 3.3.16.1, Simple Assignment, Constraints:
>
>I believe this is false, so let us check this out.

I got this far into Chris's excellent article when I remembered this exact
same question arising in comp.std.c about 2 years ago. I furiously raced
through the standard (then) and, not surprisingly, came to the same conclusion
Chris and others have posted. *sigh* Where's me rock?
David Tanguay                  datanguay at watmath.waterloo.edu
Thinkage, Ltd.                 dat at Thinkage.On.CA