Running long memory intensive programs!

Walter Bright bright at nazgul.UUCP
Wed Jun 19 02:38:29 AEST 1991

/>>>The only Fortran I know of that can use extended memory is Watcom's.
/>Only Lahey comes with the binder in the compiler/dos extender package.
/>Although it is the most expensive in all compilers, it does have an
/>unlimited runtime license.

Zortech's new version 3.0 of C and C++ comes with a royalty-free 286
DOS Extender and a 386 DOS Extender. With the 386 compiler and 386 extender,
you can have arrays as large as available memory without resorting to
'huge' or 'far' memory models or keywords. You can commercially distribute
applications built with it without obtaining a license or paying
royalties to Zortech. I can email you more information if you are interested.