balancing free() and malloc()

Harry E Miller unicorn at uxh.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 25 01:15:12 AEST 1991

rags at hpcuhc.cup.hp.com (Balakrishna Raghunath) writes:

>"memory leaks" has recieved much attention in the press. I just happen to have
>one of the journals lying on  my desk. Dr. Dobb's journal August 1990
>(special issue on C programming).  An interesting and easy to implement
>method for detecting memory leak is discussed.

This is a very usefull article, the code that comes with it is very, very
usefull.  Somewhere buried under all the junk on my desk are two more
DDJ articles (August 1989 & May 1990) that have memory management routines
that look usefull, but I have not implemented them as of yet.

Harry E. Miller - "The Nine-Fingered Bandit"
unicorn at uxh.cso.uiuc.edu