methods for putting labels into your software?

Jim Hutchison hutch at fps.com
Sat Jun 29 09:57:26 AEST 1991

In article  mlevin at jade.tufts.edu writes:
>    I'd like to hear suggestions, or any tricks that the pros out there
> know about, for putting some kind of text label or code into your
> executable (compiled and linked from C code) so that if anyone were to

If you "lightly encrypt" a text string and then use either an undocumented
command line option or a special command (if its for example a game) to cause
the program to print out your banner, you might get just the 007 effect you
are looking for.

Optionally, you could monitor the progress much more easily by just having it
offer your credit card number to the user each 10 times they use the program.
This would provide you a relatively geographic spread each time you got your
bill. :-)

--
-
Jim Hutchison		{dcdwest,ucbvax}!ucsd!fps!hutch