placing output of printf in memory: formatting strings

jon e luntz luntz at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Jun 19 22:36:15 AEST 1991

Hi,
	I'm working with a serial device on a machine where I need to use a
device driver to access the port (ie. I cannot just fopen the port).  The way
the driver works is it takes the output string straight from memory.  What I'd
like to do is to be able to write formatted output to memory, such as that from
a printf or fprintf.  Is there any way to fopen a string pointer or a memory
location, or maybe some way to redirect output to memory temporarily?  I'd
appreciate any advice.
		Thanks,
		Jon Luntz
		Internet:	luntz at mars.epm.ornl.gov