pointer size

Blair P. Houghton bhoughto at hopi.intel.com
Sat Jun 1 05:34:33 AEST 1991

In article <TT.91May31082959 at jadbalja.jyu.fi> tt at jadbalja.jyu.fi (Tapani Tarvainen) writes:
>In article <16307 at smoke.brl.mil> gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
[...wailing and carrying-on deleted for the sake of my lunch...]
>I'm sorry to hear that (and I hope you'll stay around in comp.std.c).
>Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a moderated group, say,
>comp.lang.c.gurus or something like that, if only a suitable
>moderator (or several) could be found (volunteers?).

The last thing the net needs is another moderated group.

Doug's being his usual, overreactive self.  He just can't
bear to send a little email pointing to the FAQ or even
a copy of it, even though it takes ~20 keystrokes[*] in most
rn implementations to start mail, enter the editor, include
the FAQ, write the temporary file, exit the editor, send
the message, and go on to the next posting.

And he obviously doesn't remember having to ask the questions
that others now ask.

				--Blair
				  "A 'Flag-Day' it ain't, IMHO."

[*] ~100 if you use emacs instead of vi... :-)