TC++, TC++ Pro and Borland C++

coates at uc780.umd.edu coates at uc780.umd.edu
Sat Jun 8 06:00:01 AEST 1991

Turbo C++ is a C++ compiler period, well it has an integrated development
environment in addition to the compiler. The "IDE" incorporates an editor
a compiler, a linker, a make utility, in a tightly integrated, "easy to
move back and forth" environment.
Turbo C++ Professional in addition to the above has Turbo Assembler,
Turbo Debugger, and Turbo Profiler (logs number of times lines of code
are called).
Some say both Turbo's are buggy, I haven't used either enuff to say, although
I own the professional version.
I didn't have the time to learn c++ when I got the package a year ago. Now
I'm learning Windows programming with Borland C++.
I'm programming Windows in C not C++.
The package bombs on my AMI 386-25 when running in the IDE and a mouse driver
is loaded. From the command line (no IDE) it performs damn well.
The thing about Borland C++ is that it "does Wnidows". Iis able to produce
Windows programs.
I'm suppose othres have responded, but if they haven't, this may help.
Good Programming and Happy Computing!