Running long memory intensive programs!

Morgan Schweers mrs at netcom.COM
Sat Jun 15 18:04:12 AEST 1991

Greetings,
    I hate to say something like this, but I seriously recommend that
you dump the Borland *AND* Microsoft stuff, and go with GPP (Gnu++)
available from grape.ecs.clarkson.edu:pub/msdos/djgpp...

    It swaps into flat-memory mode when executing the programs.  It
also supports virtual memory automatically.  In effect, if you had
the space, you could malloc(50*1024*1024)...

    dj at ctron.com (DJ Delorie) has done one hell of a good job
porting GNU++...  Pick it up and play with it!

                                      --  Morgan Schweers
P.S.  It only works on 386 equipped systems.  Also pick up the
    patches, because they include floating-point handling.

--
mrs at netcom.com   |   Morgan Schweers   |  Good code, good food, good sex.  Is
ms at gnu.ai.mit.edu|   These messages    |  anything else important?  --  Freela