THINK C/C++ Book wanted

Ralph Gonzalez rgonzal at elbereth.rutgers.edu
Tue Jun 4 03:29:10 AEST 1991

Just thought I'd put in a plug for the "Think C Programming Guide", a
HyperCard stack I wrote for a class I taught on OOP.  It teaches Think
C from scratch (not assuming a C background) entirely from an OOP
point of view.  It contains several "cut and paste" examples which you
may compile, and comes with a couple of class libraries for
experimenting with 3D graphics and animation and for experimenting
with application frameworks, once you get comfortable with Think C.
It also details the differences between Think C and C++ and may serve
as a tutorial on C++ as well.  It does NOT, however, go into Macintosh
programming per se, nor the Think Class Library.

You can make a hardcopy of the stack and still preserve the
navigational info.  The stack is shareware, and is available at
sumex-aim.stanford.edu in the directory lang/c.

Or I can mail you a copy.

-Ralph Gonzalez
PO Box 54, Newark, DE 19711
(rgonzal at elbereth.rutgers.edu)

PS - another good book on the ideas behind OOP is Grady Booch's
"Object Oriented Design".  It spends several chapters on how, when,
and why to use OOD and OOP, before getting into language-specific
examples.