Machine readable form of K+R.

Lars Wirzenius wirzeniu at klaava.Helsinki.FI
Wed Jun 5 18:07:06 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun4.211119.13531 at zoo.toronto.edu> henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <1991Jun4.203054.16201 at cs.yale.edu> rescorla at rtnmr.chem.yale.edu (Eric Rescorla) writes:
>>Well, if I remember, the book says "available in machine readable form"
>
>Where, exactly, does it say that?

In the Preface (page x in my copy of the second edition, first paragraph),
it says:

	"As before, all examples have been tested directly from the
	text, which is in machine-readable form."

>From the Preface to the First Edition (page xi, third paragraph):

	"All examples have been tested directly from the text, which is
	in machine-readable form."

I have not been able to find anything about availability. I have always
assumed that the authors wanted to reduce the suspicions of
typographical errors in typeset code, which are all too common in some
books.
Lars Wirzenius     wirzeniu at cc.helsinki.fi