if this legal code?

Andrew Davidson aed at netcom.COM
Wed Jun 26 09:59:04 AEST 1991

Hi
here is a piece of code I am responceible for maintaining. It compiles
and runs correctly on the sun and dos using the msc 5.1 compiler

if (! ((tt = testEntry.code - testCode) || (tt = testEntry.leg -
testLeg)))
	{
	}

does the language guarentee that if testEntry.code -testCode is not
equal to 0, that the second assignment (tt  = testEntry.leg - testLeg)
will not be executed?

will the -O compiler option flag effect this??

thanks Andy

P.S
personaly I would rewite this, but the orginal author will not allow my.
                  "bede-bede-bede Thats all Folks"
				Porky Pig
Andrew E. Davidson
andy at cats.com