HELP: _BSS : segment/group exceeds 64k

J. Horsmeier jos at and.nl
Fri Jun 21 00:13:35 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun19.210227.18998 at eik.ii.uib.no> s234 at brems.ii.uib.no (Thor Hovden) writes:
>On compiling a good deal of source code, I got this error which I do not
>quite understand;
>
>  _BSS : segment/group exceeds 64k
>I believe it has something to do with the memory model, and has tried
>compiling with LARGE memory model, but it fails.
>
>Any ideas?

Remove as much as you can from your global data stuff (large arrays etc.).
You'll have to live with this on a PC running MessDOS. Your default data
segment can only be as large as 64K 8-(

malloc the stuff instead.

Our Sun is not the on the only start in the universe,
Our planet is not the only planet spinning around a start in the universe,
Our planet is not the only planet with `intelligent' life forms on it,
Our planet *IS* the only planet in the universe using MessDOS.

Jos

|O   J.A. Horsmeier AND Software B.V.        phone : +31 10 4367100   O|
|O                  Westersingel 106/108     fax   : +31 10 4367110   O|
|O                  3015 LD  Rotterdam NL    e-mail: jos at and.nl       O|