exploding software

John Allen on wsl jja at wsl.ie
Fri Jun 7 21:32:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991May29.165444.6387 at inferno.peri.com> shane at inferno.peri.com (Shane Bouslough) writes:

>This is a specific example of the general problem of software
>copy protection. No method is foolproof. One simple technique
>is to write a date at the end of the .exe and have the program
>open the file and compare this date to the current date. This
>doesn't trash the .exe since the loader knows when to stop reading.
>
>Interestingly, I wrote a short 10 liner to do this for a friend and
>it worked for Zortech and Microsoft but failed for Turbo.

Any chance of telling us why the Turbo version did'nt work, let's see the code.

		|\/\/\/|
		|      |
		| (-)(o)
		|     _)
		| ,___|
		|   /
	   /____\   And the BART raised up his hands and said unto the masses.

People that don't know want to know from the people that do know and if the
poeple that do know don't tell the people that don't know then the people
that don't know still won't know.
   "Don't quote me on any issue whatsoever, unless you feel oblidged to."