typedef struct a_name list_type[MAX];

Rick Burgess rburgess at milton.u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 19 06:19:13 AEST 1991

Can somebody tell me how to do the following (I get an error message):

#define MAX 500
struct a_name
{
	short x;
	time_t y;
	char z;
}	/* in other words, some miscellaneous, properly defined struct */

typedef struct a_name list_type[MAX];

I presume there is just some little syntax problem here, or that it just
cannot be done.  The VAX/VMS compiler I'm using bombs out saying:

%CC-W-TYPECONFLICT, "struct" conflicts with a previous data type in this
	declaration;  previous data type ignored.

Thanks ahead of time for any responses either via email, or posted.

rburgess at austen.u.washington.edu